Submitted by Vivian Kay Clevenger Polan
1870 Census Barbour County
Post Office Pleasant Creek
Father Edmund Cleavinger 50 yrs old Farmer
Mother Mary 50 yrs Housewife
Ashable 18 yrs Farmer
Sela 16 yrs Female
Chesteen 15 yrs Male
Lida C 12 yrs Female
1880 Census Richie County
Father Ashable wm 28 yrs old
Mother Rebecca wf 22 yrs old
Anna 1 yr old
Ashable and Rebecca's Children (those I know)
The 4 boy's and 3 girl's birth records would be in Ritchie County, Lawford, WV
- Edmon Coleman Married Esta Ann McDonald
- James Calvin (Cal) Married Vallie Virginia Cooper Born 1878
- Alvin Merch b. June 15, 1890 d. October 1,
1972 (5th Child of Ashable and Rebecca)
Alvin Merch Clevenger m. Ora Mae Kirkpatrick (b. April 27,1893 Sinking Creek, Gilmer Co. d.
July 4, 1968)
- Berlin Bernard (Vernon) b. June 18, 1912 Married Reba Nell Hyre January 13, 1940
Divorced 1961 d. Gilmer Co. NC b. April 18, 1913 d. December 11, 2001 Horn Creek Cem.
Burnsville, WV Martinsburg, WV
- Pearl ?
- Avon Silas
- Eunice Ruby Pearl
- Basil Wright
- Hubert Calvin
- Leoria (Leo)
- Jennings Goff
- Ruble Bernard
- Esther Zela Mae m. (Red) Davis
- Elton Grover m. M. Parsons
- Clara Rosalie m. Arthur Eckert Both Buried in Horn Creek Cem.
- Randolph A Jordan
- Alvin James m. June Boggs
- Denzil Ray m. Joan C.
- Clifford Dwain m. Doris Hinzman Both buried in Horn Creek Cem.
- Ann ?
Barbour Family Album
Barbour Main Page