Descendants of Charles William Ware
By Scott Vanscoy
I am doing my family tree that includes the Ware, Gower, Lower, Hart, Vanscoy, Hanifan, and
Moon families. I am trying at this point to trace back the Ware side of the tree from Barbour Co.
I am mainly interested in finding information on Charles William Ware. He seems to be my
brick wall. My grandfather was Coleman Isaac Ware a son of Charles. I have nothing on the
parents or brothers and sisters of Charles W. Ware. I would love to share any information that I
have with you on any of the above families to help you or others. If you can help in any way I
would really look forward to hearing from you.
Generation No. 1
Charles William WARE was born March 8, 1874 in Barbour Co, WV, and
died June 22, 1953 in Belington, WV. He married Barbara Ellen GOWER
March 24, 1895 in Barbour Co. WV, daughter of Isaac GOWER and
Margaret HARRIS. She was born February 28, 1876 in Upshur Co., WV, and
died December 3, 1958 in Philippi, WV.
More About Charles William Ware:
Burial: June 24, 1953, Talbott Community Cemetery
Children of Charles Ware and Barbara Gower are:
- Ray WARE.
- Orvey Roy WARE, b. April 13, 1897, Barbour Co, WV; d. October 25,
1964, Elkins, WV; m. Leota Virginia CLAYTON, December 04, 1924.
More About Orvey Roy Ware:
Burial: October 28, 1964, Trinity Cemetery
- Jesse L. WARE, b. August 5, 1899.
- Cecil Max WARE, b. July 8, 1901, Belington, WV; d. May 20, 1975,
Belington, WV; m. Blanch PHARES, July 15, 1923; b. October 25, 1902; d. June 4, 1979.
More About Cecil Max Ware:
Burial: May 23, 1975, Trinity Cemetery
More About Blanch Phares:
Burial: June 07, 1979, Trinity Cemetery
- Coleman Isaac WARE, b. October 3, 1906; d. October 16, 1994, Elkins,
WV; m. Lela LOWER, 1932; b. September 22, 1915.
More About Coleman Isaac Ware:
Burial: Memorial Gardens, Gilman WV
- Olen V. WARE, b. November 14, 1906.
- Paul WARE, b. October 10, 1908.
- Bessie Evelyn WARE, b. February 17, 1911; d. October 4, 1974;
m. Jesse NOELL.
More About Bessie Evelyn Ware:
Burial: October 6, 1974, Barbour Memorial Cemetery
- Dorothy L. WARE, b. April 1, 1913; d. March 9, 1987; m. (1)
Bill CROSS; m. (2) Leonard BLACKWELL.
- Ralph G. WARE, b. January 26, 1915; d. July 30, 1976; m.
- Dessie Lougretta Everson WARE, b. August 17, 1919; d. Abt. 1960,
Belington, WV; m. Desco SIMMONS.
More About Dessie Lougretta Everson Ware:
Adoption: Was adopted by Charles & Barbara
- Lula M. WARE, b. September 3, 1920; m. Edward E.
STALNAKER, February 4, 1942; b. January 16, 1922, Nestorville, WV; d. August 22,
More About Edward E. Stalnaker:
Burial: August 25, 1988, Trinity Cemetery
Barbour Family Album
Barbour Main Page