Hardy County Families
Submitted by: Barbara Sheehan
On a recent trip to West Virginia I took photos of graves in Maysville, Grant
County and also looked up some McDonald's in Romney Court House. Perhaps this
will help someone else looking for the McDonald family and their connections.
Many of these McDonald's also lived in Hardy County.
Hampshire County Wills
Will book #22 page 143 - Romney Court House
Benjamin McDonald (Jr?) 1874
sons: Zebulon, Evan, daughter Lynda A. Heitt, grandchild Anne May V. Foreman
Will book #22 page 376
James McDonald, Dec. 20, 1889, settlement 1892
daughter Celia, wife Rebecca, Ellen Nicholas (wife of Isaac G. Nicholas?)
friend Edgar Seuseney Heiskell, executor
Will book #22 page 229-230
wife Amy, son Benjamin F., son James, Martha McDonald, Gean W. ? (note 1850
census, Dist. 24 Hampshire Co. shows Evan McDonald age 45, Farmer with sons
Benjamin age 17, James age 15, George 6, Martha 3. Amy must have been second
McDonald plots are located on knoll at very top in the front of the graveyard with
an American flag pole. Some information has been taken from photos, so dates may be
wrong. Within the plot are:
Possibly some related to McDonalds:
- William ?M. McDonald 1797 - 1881
- Mary his wife 1802 - 1875
- J.Wm McDonald Dec. 24, 1845 Sept 18 1900,
- Amus?, Wife of J. Wm McDonald April 28,
1856 - Aug? 29, 1906
- Thomas McDonald (west??unreadable) 1823 -1915
- Mary C. (sister) of William and Mary McDonald d. 1903 age 20?
- Emma McDonald 1870 - 1919
- Unice Schell??
- Kathleen McDonald Feb. 19 1936 (flowers on grave)
- "Pop" Scottie D. McDonald, Sr. May 6 1939 - Sept 5, 1998
- B. S. McDonald Feb. 16, 1838 - Nov. 16 1923
- Catherine McDonald May 21, 1848 - Feb. 8, 1931?
- Berlin D. McDonald, June 8, 1904 - June 17, 1972
- Ada M. May 5, 1909 (no date of death)
- William D. Mar 2 1939 - Mar 29 1983
- McDonald Grant U. ? ?
- Mae L. 18?? 1960
- Schell, E. Wallace 1851 - 1944
- Matilda F. 1863 - 1928
- Taylor Michael Dec. 12, 1864 - Mar 16, 1938
- Wilbur S. Michael 1878 - 1952
- Mollie R. 1873 - 1943
- Solomon Michael (rebel- Co. unreadable)
- William Stingley, only son of John (Note: Mary A. Taylor was John's wife)
- Ashford C. Stringley (spelling correct on tombstone?) Co. E. 18th Va.
Cavalry, Reg. CSA May? (Note: sister was Mary Elmira Stingley)
- Unice Schell (dates?)
To Hardy County Genealogy Page