Hardy County Land Documents

John Simpson, Land Survey, 19 August 1794
This document was transcribed by Barbara Johnson from the original records.
August 19th 1794 Surveyed for John Simpson a tract of land in Hardy
County on the waters of Bakers run a branch of the Lost River adjoining
Bells land. Agreeable to an entry made April 7th 1794 by virtue of part
of a land office Treasury Warrant of 5000 acres, No 17308 granted to
Obediah Primm the 25th day of June 1783 and bounded as follows (to wit)
Beginning at A a hiccory white oak and dogwood Sid Bells Corner and run
S85 W56 poles to B three pines on a hill then S32 W84 poles to C two
white oaks and hiccory in a hollow, thence S14 W48 poles to D three
chesnut oaks on the side of a ridge thence S66 E54 poles to E two chesnut
oaks then N23 (degrees) 30' E 158 poles to the Begining containing fifty
acres.

Felix Renicks, apt to William Heath

To Hardy County Genealogy Page
To Land Record Index