Hardy County Families
Children of Morris Thomas
of Hardy County to Indiana and Kentucky
Morris Thomas, the son of Rev. Owen and Eleanor Thomas of Chester
was born in Pennsylvania about 1727. He married Mary Cantrell date unknown. Morris's will was
dated September 9, 1795, he died January 13, 1796 in Hardy County. I believe he owned property
in Hardy County.
Morris and Mary had the following children.
All of Morris and Mary's children were born in Pennsylvania.
- John, died March 2, 1814 in KY.,
- Rachel born 1758 in PA, married May 14, 1778 Frederick Co., VA died
November 12, 1808 in Mercer Co. KY, Rachel married Robert Denny they moved to Lincoln Co,
now Mercer, Kentucky about 1790,
- Elisha, born September 22, 1762, died October 5, 1856, Mercer Co., KY,
- David, born May 23, 1767, died January 28, 1852 in Clay County, IN,
- Oswald, born September 10, 1769, died August 12, 1835 in Shelby
Rev. Owen Thomas was born Gwrogodlly, Cilmanllwyd, Pembroke, Wales in 1692 he
died in Chester Co, PA November 12, 1760.
To Hardy County Genealogy Page