Marion County, WVGenWeb

Grant Town, Marion County WV (history)

Grant Town is a community on Paw Paw Creek and was for many years a prosperous coal mining town. Grant Town's original settlers were the McCoys, Ballah, Toothman, and Hibbs families. The town was established in 1901 by the Federal Coal and Coke Company and named Grant Town for Robert Grant, then vice president of the coal company. However, it was not incorporated until October 10, 1945.


Grant Town (Wikipedia)

return to "Towns of Marion County, WV"