Submitted by Phyllis Slater.
This is a small cemetery on the Lester Coffield farm on McCreary Ridge, Marshall County, on Rt. 44, off Rt 7. Very overgrown.
"In memory of Peter Crow who died 15 Nov. 1826 age 63 years. This stone erected by his widow who deeply mournes his death." Peter was an Indian Scout during the Rev. War.
"In memory of Susanna Crow, wife of Peter, died 11 Feb. 1854 age 80y 8m 4d
Sabra Francis, wife of Emanuel Francis, died 4 Oct. 1863 age 57 y 3 m
"Farewell, O Mother, Dear, Farewell. Tho'st left us lonely in this world of pain.
O may we meet in heavenly bliss to dwell at God's right hand, not to part again."
Sabra was a d/o Peter and Susanna.
Amanual Francis s/o A & S Francis. Died 6 Jan 1837 age 18 d
"Happy infant early blessed. Rest in peaceful slumber"
Sarah Francis d/o A & S Francis. Died 28 Feb 1839 age 3 m 22 d
"Sleep in early sleep beneath her God till angels hands - (can't read the rest of it)
CROW, Jacob - nothing legible
CROW GRAVE NEAR THE ROAD BY SHEPHERD'S RIDGE NEAR ADALINE
CROW, Jane - 20 June 1825 - 27 August 1896
CROW CEMETERY IN GREENE COUNTY, PA
This CROW cemetery located on the original Jacob Crow land, in Richhill Township, Greene County, Pennsylvania has served as the final resting place for several generations of the Crow family. A listing of the markers found therein is:
CROW, Jacob - nothing more legible - Sudanah - nothing legible - (Susanah??)
- Michael - d 5-8-1852 - in his 83rd yr
- Nancy - d 2-6-1853 - in her 72nd yr
- Michael - 1818 - 1908
- Sarah J - 1825 - 1879
- Martin L - d 2-5-1883 - in his 28th yr
- Anna M - b 5-10-1896 - d 5-9-1897
- daughter of M L & M A Crow
- Margaret L - d 6-24-1844 - age 27 yr 7 mo 1 da
KELLER, Adam - d 1858
- son of C & C Keller
KELER, Charles - d 1-11-1864
- Casann - d 12-18-1854
- wife of Charles Keler
BRADDOCK, Susannah Crow - d 10-14-1846 - age 38 yr 11 mo 22 da
- wife of David G. Braddock
Two crude fieldstones: S C
- - - - - - - K C 1791
- - - - - - - L C 1791
(two different spellings of the name Keller and Keler) ??
CROW CEMETERY IN OHIO
Another cemetery which contains a number of members of the Crow family is found below Carlisle, Ohio, along Route 78 east and near the Noble-Monroe county line -
It is believed that Martin Crow, son of Jacob Crow, might be buried here -
CROW, Peter - b 11-6-1814 - d 6-20-1895
- Sarah - d 10-1-1862 - age 54 y 2m 3 d - w/o Peter Crow
- Mary - b 7-8-1836 - d 8-26-1893 - 2 nd wife of Peter Crow
- Catharene A - d - 3-9-1873 - age 27y 5m 2d - w/o George W Crow
- Florence H - d 12-23-1869 - age 3y 6m 9d - dau. of G W & C A Crow
- William H - d 8-3-1860 - age 1y 3m 12d - s/o G & M A Crow
- Martha A - d 5-14-1871 - wife of Martin Crow
- Sarah E - d 10-9-1866 - age 1y 1m 18d
CROW, John W - d 8-2-53 - age 2y 18d - s/o Geo & Mercy A Crow
- Mercy - d 8-5-1863 - age 22y 9m 24d - w/o George Crow
- Louisa - d 7-31-1853 - age 3m 23d - d/o Geo & Mercy Crow
- Mary E - d 8-1-53 - age 3y 6m - d/o Geo & Mercy Crow
- Rhoda - d 4-17-1853 - age 11th yr - d/o J & M Crow
- Sarah E - d 2-30-1846 - age 1y 1m - d/o Jacob & Elizabeth Crow
- Cornelia - d 12-24-1867 - age 2m 28d - d/o Isaac & Mary A Crow
- Mabil - age 7m 24 d - d/o I & M A Crow
- Rosil - d 4-14-1873 - age 8m 8d - s/o I & M Crow
A grave of Tina Crow McBride was found about a half mile from the above cemetery, across the way at the church.