Old Park Theater, circa 1924
Old Park Theater, 1961
The 1961 picture reveals a brick exterior and the original marquee. The earlier picture is from circa 1924 and shows among other things the 1/2 balcony where patrons of color were invited to sit. This picture was taken during the silent picture era. Merton Sybert owned the Park after purchasing it as a going concern. He later built the Strand and also bought a pre-existing moviehouse in McMechen named the Midway.