Mount Union Church and Cemetery

Mount Union United Methodist Church was dedicated in October 1878. Mr and Mrs Lewis Bowcott donated the land for the church and the land for the cemetery was donated by Simeon Legue, Bowcott and J C Livezey families. All of the labor and materials were also donated. The first pastor was John Williams in 1880 and the first trustee was Dan Skinner.

Some of the recent burials in the cemetery are:

Gill, Ina Irene Workman, died June 11, 2002, age 71

McClure, James J, died March 12, 2000, age 76

Nowlin, George Melvin, Cpl U S Marine Corps Nov 21, 1954, May 30, 2002

Sparks, Lucille Whittington, died March 3, 2001, age 75

 

Cemeteries

2003-2004 Copyright and Maintained by Suzie Crump

Last updated June 19, 2004