ELM GROVE
Southside, Mason County, West Virginia
 
 
One of the finest examples of Italiente styling in this area is Elm Grove. This house built in 1884 with interior and exterior walls which are about a foot thick and made of bricks that were fired on the plantation. The lumber was also cut from trees on the site. The marble mantels for the nine fireplaces, doors and windows for the thirteen room and center and rear hallways and the woodwork for the ornate stairways and twelve foot ceilings came from Cincinnati, Ohio. There are three porches and five entrances to this beautiful home.
NOTE: Information and picture from HISTORY OF MASON COUNTY, WEST VIRGINIA, 1987 page 415, that was submitted by - Mrs Jane Parsons, Mrs Gertrude Osborne and Mrs George Svannas.
 

Main Page
Look ups | Queries | Surnames | Family Web sites | Legal Stuff | Links
Courthouse |Marriages
| Births | Cemeteries | Obituaries
WV GenWeb Site | US GenWeb Site



2005 Copyright and Maintained by Suzie Crump

Last Update: January 8, 2005