(From Family Traits, Tracks and Trails)
Located in Welton District in Mineral County, WV.
Prior names were Jone's Mill until 1800; Harrison's Mills until 1880; and
was also known as Grayson's Gap.
The name Antioch was given in 1880 by Marcus L. Mott (1837-1899) and Abe Chamberlain. It is from Antioch, the ancient town of Syria. Mr. Mott felt the name should replace "Mott Town" as the settlement was called in the middle 1800's.
Much of this information was taken from "Mineral County West Virginia Traits Tracks and Trails". Special thanks to Betty Bane Dzubba, Author and Robert Rummer, Editor for granting permission to use this information on the Mineral County GenWeb Site.