about 40 years prior to 1899, when the work on the church was begun in Antioch,
people of the community worshipped in the school building. Originally plans
called for the church to be a union building for the Dunkard Brethren of the
area and the United Brethren (now known under the name United Methodists).
Rev. J.H. Brunk was pastor of the New Creek circuit when the building was begun. Cost of the church was $1,000. In 1960 under the pastorate of Rev Charles H VanGilder, the church was repaired, repainted and new pews installed at a total cost of about $2,5000. Since then other renovations have been made.
Several family cemeteries are scattered about this area. One is the Thrush Cemetery, given the community by Thomas Thrush in 1903. Even older is the Davis Cemetery on the ground given by Raymond Davis, which probably was started before 1900. Other smaller private plots are often nearly forgotten on many of the farms scattered over the countryside.
MINERAL COUNTY WEST VIRGINIA, FAMILY TRAITS, TRACKS AND TRAILS