POSTMASTERS AND THE GENERAL STOREKEEPERS
Abraham Chamberlain (1822-1907) the first Postmaster in the village appointed on 11-9-1882 was also the original owner of the country store known later as the Martin and Mott General Store. Following Mr. Chamberlain's death, his son-in-law Joseph Martin took over the responsibilities as potmaster until his death in 1930. In the meantime in 1902, Joe Martin (1863-1930) and his brother-in-law Jim Mott took over management of the store which had probably been opened in 1882. The post office was housed in a portion of the store building.