Shortly after the Civil War the first public school was opened in Burlington. The first school house was located on Cemetery Hill and abandoned in 1879 when a brick building was constructed in the valley. In 1907, an addition was made making it a two-room school. When county schools were consolidated, an 8-room frame building was put on the same site. This school burned in 1936 and was replaced by the present day building.
History of the Page School by Seymour Whipp