FIRST UNITED METHODIST CHURCH
(From "History of Keyser, WV " by William W. Wolfe)
The First United Methodist Church, organized in
1850, built a wooden church on a stone foundation at the corner of
Welch & North Water Street. (Shaffer Electric later stood there).
The first members were:
Mrs. Mary (MCCARTY) MOSELY, widow of James MOSELY
George Washington MOSELY, her son
Mrs Susan (MYERS) MOSELY, his wife
Mrs. Mary SINGLETON, his wife
The Methodists built a parsonage, still standing at 106 East Piedmont Street.
Special thanks to Mr. Robert L. Smith for granting
permission to use Mr. Wolfe's
work on the Mineral County GenWeb Site
RETURN TO MINERAL