NEW CREEK WEST VIRGINIA

A village and post office in New Creek District, Mineral
County WV. It was named for the creek that flows into the North Branch of the Potomac River at Keyser. It's first name was Rees Tannery, and was later bought by a "Syndicate" and called New Creek Tannery. In the 1880's the Post Office Dept dropped the third word, and it became New Creek.

NEW CREEK BLOCKHOUSE
FROM FRONTIER FORTS ALONG THE POTOMAC AND ITS TRIBUTARIES
BY WILLIAM H. ANSEL, JR

NEW CREEK EARLY SETTLEMENTS

NEW CREEK SCHOOLS

 NEW CREEK HOMES

NEW CREEK BUSINESSES

NEW CREEK CHURCHES

 
BACK TO MINERAL COUNTY COMMUNITIES

BACK TO MINERAL