REES CHAPEL UNITED METHODIST CHURCH
Rees Chapel United Methodist Church was built in
1873 by sons of Silas Rees, James and Samuel, using a site situated
on the east side of New Creek at the foot of the mountain and
contained about an acre.
A swinging bridge crossed New Creek to the Church, and in 1913 during a flood, the bridge was destroyed and the Church was moved from its foundation and lodged against two pine trees. They moved the building to a safer spot, where it is at the present time, near the New Creek Post Office and Elementary School.
Rees Chapel United Methodist Church
P O Box 26
New Creek, WV 26743
Special thanks to Shirley L. Berg for providing us with information on this church.
RETURN TO MINERAL COUNTY CHURCHES
RETURN TO MINERAL HOMEPAGE