Submitted by George Ruch.
Generation No. 1
1. Elijah8 Foote (John7, Daniel6, Daniel5, Nathaniel4, Nathaniel3, Robert2, Robert/John1)1 was born 29 Oct 1740 in Newtown, Fairfield Co., CT, and died 15 Oct 1813 in West Liberty, Ohio County, VA (now WV). He married (1) Eunice Peck 23 Mar 1761 in Newtown, Fairfield Co.,, CT2,3,4, daughter of Nathaniel Peck and Phebe ???. She was born Abt. 1742 in Milford, New Haven, CT, and died 23 Feb 1776 in Newtown, Fairfield Co., CT. He married (2) Mary Taylor Aft. 1776. She died Aft. 1813.
More About Elijah Foote:
Military service: 1775, Continental Regiment, Col. Beardsley's Regiment. Capt. Samuel Comstock's Company. Capt. John Botsford Company, Conn. Line Supplies 1777-1779.
Children of Elijah Foote and Eunice Peck are:
2 i. Phebe9 Foote, born Abt. 1762 in Newtown, Fairfield Co., CT; died Unknown.
3 ii. Aner "Hannah" Foote, born Abt. 1764 in Newtown, Fairfield Co., CT; died Abt. 1857 in Ohio. She married John Mozeney 04 Mar 1784 in Newtown, Fairfield Co., CT; born 04 Jul 1747 in Mont-le-Vignoble, Lorraine, France; died 03 Feb 1830 in Monroe County, OH.
More About Aner "Hannah" Foote:
Burial: It is assumed that she is buried with her husband in an unmarked grave in the Ollum(Ollem) - Possum Creek Cemetery, Salem Twp., Clarington, OH
More About John Mozeney:
Burial: Ollum(Ollem) Possum Creek Cemetery, Salem Twp., Clarington, OH
4 iii. John Wesley Foote, born 04 May 1766 in Newtown, Fairfield Co., CT; died 09 Sep 1851 in Woodville, Warren Co., OH. He married Mary Grigson 1789; born 26 Mar 1775; died 1819 in Warren Co., OH.
5 iv. Eunice Foote, born 18 Dec 1768 in Newtown, Fairfield Co., CT; died 24 Nov 1843. She married (1) Solomon Williams Abt. 1790; born 11 Oct 1759 in Weston, MA; died 08 Sep 1799. She married (2) Uri Bradley 31 Mar 1819; died 24 Nov 1843.
More About Solomon Williams:
Burial: Old Town Cemetery, Lanesborough, MA
6 v. Andrew Foote, born Abt. 1770 in Newtown, Fairfield Co., CT; died 1816 in Ohio Co., VA. He married Mary Jones 08 Mar 1803 in Ohio Co., VA.
7 vi. Joseph Foote, born Abt. 1773 in Newtown, Fairfield Co., CT; died Unknown. He married Sarah Moquer.
8 vii. Amos Foote, born 14 Feb 1776 in Newtown, Fairfield Co., CT; died Unknown. He married (1) Mary Curtiss; born 02 Oct 1777 in Lanesborough, Mass.; died 30 Oct 1824 in Manlius, NY. He married (2) Abby ???; born 20 Sep 1777 in Newtown, Mass; died Abt. 1847.
1. Foote Family Genealogy., Vol I, Pgs. 60, 140 & Vol II, Pgs. 732, 733, Comprising the Genealogy and History of Nathaniel Foote of Wethersfield, CT and his descendants by Abram W. Foote, Reprinted 1981 by Laura Belle Foote Beekman and Clarence W. Beekman, 5236 Geer Rd., Hughson, CA 95326.
2. Newtown Congregational Church Records, Vol. 5, Page 25, marriage of "Elijah Foot and Uniss Peck, both of Newtown" on March 23, 1761.
3. "New England Marriages Prior to 1700" by Clarence Almon Torrey.
4. Early Connecticut Marriages by Frederic William Bailey, Pg 135.