DR. GEORGE L. HILL, WHEELING
From: West Virginians
Published by The West Virginia Biographical Association, 1928
Submitted by Linda Fluharty.
For more than a generation Dr. George L. Hill has practiced dentistry in Wheeling. Indeed, his offices have long been regarded as a distinctive Wheeling institution, such is the respect accorded him for his skill in that profession and for his personal cordiality. He has one of the most modern and best equipped dental offices and laboratories in the state, and his practice is drawn not only from the city of Wheeling itself, but from many sections of West Virginia, where his name is familiar to hundreds.
Dr. Hill is a native of Monroe County, Ohio, born September 11, 1879, son of Joseph and Hannah (Whitney) Hill. His mother is a descendant in direct line from the Whitney family that came to New England in 1620 on the Mayflower. As a boy Dr. Hill attended the public schools of Monroe County and later studied at West Liberty State Normal School and the Cincinnati College of Dental Surgery. For a time, after graduation, he practiced dentistry in Cleveland, but settled permanently in Wheeling in 1900. He was married, in 1907, to Grace Nee, of Wheeling. They have four children: Patricia, Whitney, Mary June, Nancy Jane, and George L., Jr. Dr. Hill is a member of the Masonic Orders, Scottish Rite and Osiris Temple of the Shrine; and is a communicant of the Prcsbyterian Church.
Home: 800 Warwood Avenue. Office: 1049 Main Street.