LEE C. PAULL, WHEELING
From: West Virginians
Published by The West Virginia Biographical Association, 1928
Submitted by Linda Fluharty.
Lee C. Paull has never wished to obtrude his own pretensions or his own claims to recognition, but his value as a citizen of Wheeling has been acknowledged. Not alone in business but in the advancement of civic projects Mr. Paull has accomplished important things. One of the foremost insurance executives of the Middle West, as owner of an insurance organization whose business has been extended to sixteen states, he is also interested in a number of Wheeling's leading institutions, being a director of the Dollar Savings & Trust Company, vice-president and director of the Camden Coal Land Company and director of the McClaskey Company, Inc. He is also President of the Capital Theatre Company, director of the Ohio Valley Industrial Corporation, director and member of the executive committee of the Ohio Valley General Hospital, Director of the State Bank & Trust Company.
Mr. Paull, in association with judge J. H. Brennan, was the founder and co-promoter of the University Club Concerts which, during the last eleven years, have presented in Wheeling practically every great musician and musical organization of the day. He is vice-president of the board of trustees of the New Linsly Institute, and was a principal factor in creating that large junior college and technical school, and has been a prominent supporter of every sort of civic and philanthropical enterprise.
Mr. Paull was born in Wheeling, May 12, 1889, son of Alfred and Lee (Singleton) Paull, both natives of Wheeling. Lee C. Paull was educated at Linsly Institute of Wheeling, Pennsylvania Military College and Princeton University. In 1907 he became a partner of the late D. E. Stalnaker in the insurance business, and later acquired full ownership of the business which is now carried on under his name.
He is President and director of the Fort Henry Club, and a member of the University Club, Wheeling Country Club and Wheeling Lodge No. 28, B. P. O. Elks.
He married, April 6, 1910, Mary Glessner of Wheeling. They have two sons, Lee C., Jr., and William Glessner Paull. Mr. Paull is a member of Vance Memorial Presbyterian Church and member of board of trustees.
Home: Highland Park. Office: 1138 Chapline Street.