Photo by Charley Elder, 2009.
Read and photographed by Bryan D. Bills 9/2/2000.
Jefferson District, Pleasants County, WV. From State Route 2, take County Road 4 to Horseneck (approx. 4.2 miles). Then take County Road 4/3 for approximately 0.7 miles and then take County Road 4/4 over the top of Gard Hill toward Bull Creek until you find the first road which goes to the right (west). At this point, turn right and park in wide place at left of road. You will see a road which leads up the hill (north). There is a cable across road at bottom of hill. Follow this road up to top of hill where you will come into a meadow, where at this point, you can see grave markers up on the ridge to your left. The first markers you see are in the Hescht Cemetery, but the Hubbs Cemetery is at the same location only it lies on the west side of the Hescht. They are only separated by a property line. - GPS: N39° 18.300' W81° 18.214'
1. Ruth Eileen Hescht, Dau. Of Gale and Blanche Hescht, Apr. 13, 1932
2. Albert M. Hescht, 1861 - 1926
3. Eliza J. Hescht, His Wife, 1862 - 19__
4. Flat Stone at ground level, no inscription.
5. Gary Lee Bunner, "Our Little One", 1946 - 1947