Photos by Charley Elder, 2009.
Readings by Bryan D. Bills 9/2/2000.
Jefferson District, Pleasants County, WV. From State Route 2 and State Route 16 in St. Marys, WV, go south on State Route 2 approximately 8 miles. Turn left onto County Road 6 (Polecat Hollow Road) and go 0.6 miles. At fork in road, take left hand fork (County Road 8) 2.7 miles to Horseneck. At Horseneck, turn left onto County Road 8/1 (Sled Fork Road). Take the Sled Fork Road to the top of the hill where you will see a steep pipeline right of way on your right (east). There is a road leading up the hill on the right of the pipeline. Follow the road up the hill to a point where it crosses the pipeline right of way. Then, follow right of way to the top of the ridge. The Cemetery is to the left (north) of the right of way about 150 feet on the very top of the ridge. GPS: N39° 19.446' W81° 16.490'
There is only one stone in the cemetery which has an inscription. The rest are field stones at head and foot of graves. The information entered for the other graves was given by Hershal Greathouse who owns the neighboring property and mows the cemetery. The cemetery is on property once owned by the B. J. Kelley heirs per the 1910 tax map.
1. Phoebe A. Kelley, Mother of John M. Kelley (Died Feb. 29, 1910 per death record) Field stone marker.
2. Benjamin J. Kelley, Father of John M. Kelley (Died May 6, 1891 per death record) Field stone marker.
3. John M. Kelley, Son of B. J. & P. A. Kelley, Died Aug. 1, 1882, Aged 27y 8m 15d.
4. -------, Daughter of Maniacal Kelley. Field stone marker.
5. Lighter, -------, Field stone marker.
6. Lighter, -------, Field stone marker.
7. Lighter, -------, dau. of ---, Field stone marker.
There are approximately 18 feet between grave 6 and 7 so there may be other unmarked graves.