Lamp Farm Cemetery

Also known as ROCK RUN - McKim District.

LAMP

LAMP

Photos by Charley Elder, 2009.

Read 2/28/2000 by Bryan Bills, G. E. Bills & Ralph Wilson.

DIRECTIONS:
From St. Marys at State Route 2, take State Route 16 approximately 10 miles to the Ritchie County line, turn left on to County Road 30 for approximately 3.2 miles to Adlai, turn left on County Road 30/8 at the Ralph Wilson (2/2000) Home approximately 1/4 mile. The Cemetery is on the left hand side of the road along the Power Transmission Right of Way and to the left of a Tower approximately 400 yards across Rock Run and around the hillside. Locally this has been described as on the hill across from Buffalo Cave (Rock Run). - GPS: N39° 21.092' W81° 04.694'

This cemetery is a family plot for the Henry Lamp family with two visible stones (2/2000). The Henry Lamp family can be found in the 1850 Census of Monroe County Ohio and the 1870 and 1880 Census of Pleasants County McKim District. Henry Lamp was first married to Mary Ward (aka Polly) and secondly to Jane Terry (16 July 1874).

1. Henry Lamp, Died Mar 1898, age 78 (Pleasants County Death Register: Born 1819, Died March 19, 1898; Reported by Jane Lamp, Wife)

2. L______, Son of H. and J. Lamp, Died 1877. This appears to be a child of Henry and Jane.

Other members of the Lamp family may have been buried here, but there are no visible stones or markings.