These were workers at the Pearl Button Factory located in St. Marys. The man on the far left, second row, in the black apron is Andrew Jackson Wigner, the great-grandfather of Trisha Johns who submitted the photo.
From Pemberton History of Pleasants County:
In July 1928, the St Marys Pearl Button Factory closed down, throwing approximately 50 men out of work. This industry began operations early in 1910, employing between 50 and 100 men cutting blanks for pearl buttons from mussel shells gathered from the Ohio River. Deepening of the river channel, release of acids into the upper waters of the river, caused the demise of the mussels which ruined the local source of mussel shells.