Coal Marsh Baptist Church
Glen Daniel, West Virginia


This Church was founded in 1838, the first church in the county. It is still standing at Glen Daniel and having services.
"At the July meeting of the Guiandotte Church in 1836, it was resolved to petition the Greenbriers Association for a presbytery to constitute a new Church at Coalriver Marshes and for this purpose dismissed all her members living East of Guiandotte mountain in number 21 of whom handed in letters on the 29th day of October, 1836, and were constituted into a church by Elders, John Spotts, Edwin W Woodson and William G. Margrave a presbytery appointed for the purpose by the Greenbrier Association."