Coal Marsh Baptist Church
Faith and Covenant
Adopted immediately before the constitution took place.
1. We beleive that the Scriptures of the old and new Testaments are the word of God and we think it a sufficient rule for the faith and practice of God's people, and for the sake of convenience we deduce the following articles.
2. That there are three that bear record in heaven; the Father, the Word and the Holy Ghost and these three are one.
3. We beleive his word is able to make us rise unto salvation through faith, which is in Christ Jesus. 2 Tim. 3 15 v
4. We beleive that God created the first man Adam after his own image and in his own likeness, an upright holy and innocent creature capable of serving and glorifying him. But he sinning all his posterity sinned in him as their federal head and came short of the glory of God. Gen. 5, 1-2, Eccl. 7, 29 v.
5. We beleive that god before time even from everlasting exercised thoughts of compassion towards his creatures received by him in a fallen condition and that a divine arrangement commonly denominated and the covenant of redemption was entered into, the eternal three becoming parties in the fulfillment of the plan, by which the divine law was honored and sinners saved. Jer. 31, c 3 v. Eph. 1 c 4 v.
6. We beleive that it is the work of the Holy Ghost to produce saving faith in the sinner's heart and that he who is the author is also the finisher of faith. Eph. 4 8 v, Heb. 12, 2.
7. We beleive it to be the indispensable duty of all beleivers to be immersed in water in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy ghost by a properly authorized administrator and the Lord's Supper is designed for such and such only.