"Established in 1946, with a small business operated in a warehouse belonging to Price Bros. Feed Co. on City Avenue, the Nixon Furniture Company has grown into a large, tri-county operation of seven stores. The main Beckley store on Neville St. was opened in 1941, and the Prince St. used furniture store opened in 1943. Three stores were opened in Logan in 1944 and one in Welch in 1946. A large warehouse is also operated in Beckley. Today, the firm has 67 employees and operates a fleet of 26 trucks and 5 cars."
From the Beckley Herald Bicenteniel Edition, 26 Aug 1950
Contributed by: Nyla Creed DePauk